This block is a conditional block that is triggered when the trend on the period that you set is validated. For example, if you choose to trigger the block when there is a uptrend validation of 10 candles, the value of (xMA(L))(Current time) must be higher than the value of (xMA(L))(Current time-1) 10 times in a row. We know our example can be difficult to understand so here’s a graph.
|MA = Moving Average
SMA = Simple Moving Average
EMA = Exponential Moving Average
WMA = Weighted Moving Average
SMMA = Smoothed Moving Average
- MA type can be SMA, EMA, WMA, SMMA.
- Analysis Period is the period that xMA will take into account (If you choose 4H, xMA will use 4H candles).
- Length is the number of candles calculated.
- Trend type is the type of trend you want to identify, either Uptrend or Downtrend.
- Trend Confirmations is the Number of confirmations required to validate the uptrend or Downtrend.
- Source choice is where you can choose the source to calculate the MA on Low, High, Close or Open candle. More info about the use of High/Low source here
In the following example, the strategy is gonna trigger a block whenever there is at least 10 confirmations to a trend. That way our block is getting triggered as long as xMA is situated between the 2 lines.