The threshold is a conditional block that is triggered whenever the price is above or below the xMA(L) depending on which trigger you chose.
|MA = Moving Average
SMA = Simple Moving Average
EMA = Exponential Moving Average
WMA = Weighted Moving Average
SMMA = Smoothed Moving Average
- MA type can be SMA, EMA, WMA, SMMA.
- Analysis Period is the period that xMA will take into account (If you choose 4H, xMA will use 4H candles).
- Length is the Number of candles calculated.
- Price Position can be Above or Below.
- Deviation Threshold is the minimum Percentage at which the price needs to be compared to the xMA to trigger the block.
- Source choice can be on Low, High, Close or Open candle. More info about the use of High/Low source here
In the following example, we are gonna BUY 100% when the price is 4 % above the EMA(9)4H and SELL 100% when the price is at least 4% below SMA(9)4H.
|As you can see, we bought when the price was 4% above the SMA(9) and our sell triggered when the price was 4% below the SMA(9).|